GRASSROOTS DRESSAGE & SHOWJUMPING COMPETITION
Sunday 9th August 2020 starting 11am
Club Field, Gristhorpe, YO14 9PD
By very kind permission of Mr & Mrs Davison
Open to members & non-members
BRC Grassroots and ROR Challenge Points available
All classes pre-entry ONLY, times will be allocated for every competitor.
CLASS 1 - DRESSAGE - INTRO B (2009) (Gain Points for BRC Grassroots League)
CLASS 2 - DRESSAGE - PRELIM 12 (2005) (Gain Points for BRC Grassroots League)
CLASS 3 - DRESSAGE - NOVICE 30 (2006) (Novice League Sponsored by TopSpec)
CLASS 4 - CLEAR ROUND – Max 40cm (1ft 3”) (Over a shortened course, enter as many rounds as you like)
CLASS 5 - SHOWJUMPING - Max 50cm (1ft 8”) (Gain Points for BRC Grassroots League)
CLASS 6 - SHOWJUMPING - Max 60cm (2ft) (Gain Points for BRC Grassroots League)
CLASS 7 - SHOWJUMPING - Max 70cm (2ft 4”)
CLASS 8 - SHOWJUMPING - Max 80cm (2ft 8”) - no water tray
CLASS 9 - SHOWJUMPING – Max 90cm (2ft 10”)
ENTRY FEES - Classes 1-3 & 5-9 £8.00 for SDRC Members and £10 for Non-Members Per Class
Class 4 Clear Round £5 per round
**PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID-19 OUR COMPETITIONS WILL RUN AS BELOW**
• All Showjumping classes will be run as single phase. This will be over a longer course, the second section will be against the clock and slightly higher than the first section. All competitors will jump the full course unless eliminated, you must not stop or circle between sections, faults will be accumulated over both sections.
• Rosettes to 6th place in all classes, clear round rosettes to all clears. There will be no prize giving on the day, all results will be posted online on our website & Facebook page. Please bring a SAE (with sufficient postage) on the day if you want dressage sheets, rosettes or points cards sending.
• Entries close Thursday 6th August 2020. Times available Friday 7th August 2020 please include your e-mail address on entry form and I will send them to you. We will try to keep all your times as close together as possible.
• Vaccinations MUST be up to date and all horse must have had a vaccination within the last 12 months. Spot checks will be done.
• There will be NO spectators. Strictly only 2 people per 1 horse. Everyone MUST adhere to the 2m social distancing rule.
• Warm up areas must remain quiet, only 3 horses in each warm up area at a time. There will be a steward to adjust the practice fences and control ring entrances, NO ONE else allowed in these areas. One way systems in and out of rings will be in place.
• There will be a one way system in the car park, all wagons/trailers & cars MUST park at least 6m apart.
• No refreshments available.
• Any one who DOES NOT abide by the rules will be asked to leave and will not be allowed to enter another event.
Points can be gained by any BRC riding club member placed 1st – 6th towards the BRC Grassroots League. See BRC Grassroots leaflet for more info or visit www. bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/british-riding-clubs/brc-championships/brc-points-league There will also be a Trophy awarded at our Awards night to the SDRC member with the highest points in the league and rosettes to 10th place.. Eligibility for BRC Grassroots points: Dressage – No BD points at any level. Showjumping – No BE points (foundation or full), No BS Club points at 80cm or above, No BS full points. Riders – No discipline specific affiliated form or to have ridden at a championship in that discipline in the current or previous calendar year. Riders must not have ridden at BE 100/ BRC HT 100/ BRC Challenge 100 in the current or previous calendar year.
Points can also be gained by any SDRC ROR member with an eligible ROR number, the highest point scoring ROR member of the day will win a rosette voucher. See ROR Challenge leaflet for more info or visit There will also be a Trophy awarded at our Awards night to the SDRC member registered ROR with the highest points at the end of the season and rosettes to 10th in the league.
TopSpec are sponsoring the Novice test and we will be awarding a sash at our Awards night to the SDRC member with the highest points at the end of the season.
If in any doubt due to weather phone Carly on 07708925957 or check our Facebook page
Rules of the Show
1. Warm up to be done in designated areas only and horses to move steadily between rings and parking for pedestrian safety!
2. Please do not clean out your horse transport onto the field, as the field must be left clean and tidy at the end of the day.
3. The organisers and owners of the property will accept no responsibility for loss, damage or accident howsoever caused, to competitors, spectators or their property, servants or horses in connection with or arising out of this Event. It shall be considered a condition of entry that each entrant agrees to indemnify the organisers and owners against legal action arising there from.
4. Any objections must be made to the show secretary within 10 minutes of the completion of the class concerned with a deposit of £20, which will be forfeited if the objection is not upheld.
5. The judges’ decision is final.
6. The organisers retain the right to refuse entry, cancel, amalgamate or split classes or amend prizes depending on entries. No refunds will be given.
7. A skull cap or hat and safety harness according to the current BSI or European standard must be worn and fastened at all times when mounted. Appropriate footwear must also be worn at all times when mounted.
8. A qualified first aider will be in attendance during the show.
9. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
10. No fences to be jumped outside the rings other than any officially flagged practice fences.
11. If travelling alone, please provide an emergency contact number to the entries secretary.
Grassroots League 2020